Friday, August 3, 2012

TYKAI Birthday Nin

People talk to me...Everywhere. In the North, in the South, in the West, the Midwest, overseas, at the park, at the grocery store, at the cornerstore, at the stoplight, in the skies, on the rails, over cocktails and snails. Everywhere. Whether it's intrigue, fawning, or disgust. It must be my guiding light, my aura, or the spirit of ancestors past shining through. I always say "May TYKAI (NYSE ticker symbol TKI ;-)profits match my celebrity". I genuinely do not seek attention. Even when I'm attempting to be low key- a smile is engaged, then it turns into a "thing". Everywhere. You must know my middle name really is Lovi. LOVE-I.
    Thinking of one of my favorite movies [2 Days in Paris-directed by Julie Delpy], I decided to take a North Carolina railride into Greensboro. During the beautiful Amtrak trip, I read Anais Nin and gazed out the window, with my feet rested upon my mustard vintage Samsonite. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER! Unlike Nin, I recognize and value your maternal, kindred spirit of love from an early age. If anyone saw our house in Riverknoll, they would know you are the reason my eyes always catch a camera. Every corner...every collage. *back to the railride*
     20 minutes from my destination, I overheard an elderly train volunteer say " Enjoy life...one day at a time. God only promises you one day at a time". I was reminded of a facebook post from last year "Lord for my sake, help me to take, one day at a time"; Then, nostalgic memories of my father singing these lyrics in the male chorus. At that moment, it was so poignant that I fervently cried until the train whistled Toot-Tooooot in Greensboro. In the words of great orators--- " If I touch only one, I have done my job."
Fashionable Summertime Kisses,
LRD | TKI

No comments:

Post a Comment