Friday, June 29, 2012

Now Showing: TYKAI inflight

To quote myself: "I really appreciate their generosity, but I'm still weary about their fabric (as well as other NC suppliers). My goal is for TYKAI INC to be a verically integrated company. Ideally with fibe...r/product/labor/ creativity from my birthstate...NC. Unfortunately, everything is polyester, or feels like it. The silks are course-not fluid; the cottons-sturdy not sumptuous; and worst-the feathers are crafty marabou. I F'N hate marabou! For TYKAI to be the brand that I envision it, I demand quality fabrics. You can tell the difference between a designer silk and a random store bought. It caresses your skin differently!
For this state to be an epicenter of agriculture and research, we REALLY need to step up our fabric quality and variety. It leads you to HAVE TO outsource to sustain business- without sacrificing quality [and that my friends is not sustainable vertical integration]."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment